The OS1 Green Certified Program Award is presented to facilities that have submitted to a ManageMen Progress Audit and earned at least an 80% or higher. A facility that earns this award is successfully managing their (OS1) Program. This means that, at this level, an OS1 Organization is reducing environmental risk and the probability of unwanted effects. Specifically, OS1 Green Certified Programs can demonstrate the following:
- Cleaning for Health first and then for appearance
- Disposing of cleaning wastes in a environmentally responsible manner
- Increased worker safety and awareness
- Increased level of sanitation of building surfaces
- Responsible and proper removal of pollutants from the facility
- Reduction of chemical, particle and moisture residue
- Minimization of human exposure to pollutants.
OS1Users understand that these results flow from their managerial process. The OS1 Progress Audit documents the top organizations in the cleaning industry. These organizations demonstrate leadership in operating a safer and environmentally responsible approach to cleaning.